Commencing construction shortly, this project is a collaboration between MODO Architects and Seventy7 Projects under the Design & Construct delivery model.
The Design & Construct Model
The Design & Construct model is tailored for clients with specific budgets and aims to mitigate the risk of over-designing or choosing the wrong builder for the project. The integrated approach provides a cohesive solution to architecture, interior design, landscape design, cost planning, permit acquisition and construction, delivered by a quality architect and experienced builder conscious of budget limits without compromising quality.
At strategic milestones during the design phase, Seventy7 Projects provides detailed cost plans of the developing design as well as cost comparisons of detailed finishes being proposed to ensure the project remains within budget. This will include fixed rates on design and construction fees upfront.
The Project: Ivanhoe Townhouses
This project involves:
- the demolition of an existing residence and construction of two double story townhouses, side-by-side
- facade featuring sycon axon, lightweight render and painted timber cladding
- commerical aluminium double glazed windows allowing maximum natural light to penetrate living spaces
- feature timber and carpet stair case
- timber lining board and square set plaster internal cladding
- integrated joinery design for kitchen, entertainment unit, bathroom and under stair storage with stone bench tops
- high end appliances, fixtures and fittings
- integrated heating and cooling
- landscaped courtyard and rear garden integrated with internal spaces
Michael Ong of MODO Architects is an award winning Melbourne based architectural practice recognised both nationally and internationally for cutting edge design that is simple and considered.
Project is expected to be completed end 2016.