Fitzroy North House, 2014
The Fitzroy North project involved the renovation and extension of an existing semi-detached Edwardian residence in the inner Melbourne suburb of Fitzroy North, Victoria.
The Fitzroy North project retains the original Edwardian façade and three front bedrooms and includes:
- the demolition of the existing rear lean-to extension and shed;
- reconfiguration of the original living room to house the new bathroom and stairwell;
- ground floor extension comprising of a new kitchen and meals area, living room, laundry and outdoor decking;
- birch plywood and stone joinery throughout;
- internal feature blockwork wall;
- commercial aluminium window sections and skylighting;
- a mixture of blockwork and ship-lapped timber lining board façade.
Designed by Carlton based architecture firm John Davey Architects